One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As accurately as.‘as near as can be determined, less than 10 per cent require aid’‘as near as I can tell, privatization doesn't seem to make sense on any level’
- ‘As near as I can calculate the family must have traveled about 1250 miles.’
- ‘As near as he can make out this child must now be thirty-four or thirty-five years of age.’
- ‘At about eight or nine o'clock, as near as I could judge by the altitude of the sun, the wind rose suddenly and canted our barge on one side.’
- ‘As near as he could figure, it was built with running water but no toilet.’
- ‘As near as I can tell from the construction, the employers are getting the quality of work they are paying for.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.