One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The same number of.‘changing his mind for the third time in as many months’
- ‘From Cnidos you could tick off three of the wonders of the world in almost as many days.’
- ‘It's the second time in as many weeks that someone has asked me to play a zombie in a film or show.’
- ‘Vale kept up the pressure and two goals in as many minutes put them firmly in the driving seat.’
- ‘There were as many of them as there were of us and for a while it seemed pretty laid back.’
- ‘This is the third time we have met in as many months, but there is always a lot to talk about.’
- ‘This is the fourth time in just about as many months that the glass has been smashed by vandals.’
- ‘It is the third time in as many years that ownership of the prime precinct has changed.’
- ‘The firm backed down and decided to give the pub its third name in as many weeks.’
- ‘It is the second time a poll on the matter has been called for in as many months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.