One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The same number of.‘changing his mind for the third time in as many months’
- ‘Vale kept up the pressure and two goals in as many minutes put them firmly in the driving seat.’
- ‘It is the third time in as many years that ownership of the prime precinct has changed.’
- ‘This is the fourth time in just about as many months that the glass has been smashed by vandals.’
- ‘It is the second time a poll on the matter has been called for in as many months.’
- ‘There were as many of them as there were of us and for a while it seemed pretty laid back.’
- ‘From Cnidos you could tick off three of the wonders of the world in almost as many days.’
- ‘It's the second time in as many weeks that someone has asked me to play a zombie in a film or show.’
- ‘This is the third time we have met in as many months, but there is always a lot to talk about.’
- ‘The firm backed down and decided to give the pub its third name in as many weeks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.