One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As would be the case if.‘she behaved as if he wasn't there’
- ‘Football is now a business, but players are expected to act as if it was still a sport.’
- ‘So she got out of her car and went about her errands as though nothing untoward was happening.’
- ‘It's almost as though some people only feel they have an identity when they are at work.’
- ‘It was all he could do to act as though he had never read either of her letters.’
- ‘She had known Sara only a day or two and yet she acted as if Blaze were her best friend.’
- ‘The men around her laughed and acted as though it was the cleverest thing they had seen.’
- ‘Most of the details are a blur now but he motioned with the gun, as though he wanted us all outside.’
- ‘They have told me to act as if their house is mine and they are all looking after me well.’
- ‘My father talked a lot about his own father before he died, as though he'd never got over it.’
- ‘The table was set out nicely and all seemed as though it would be a lovely lunch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.