One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
I very much doubt it.‘You know how pools winners always say it won't change their lives? Yeah, as if!’
- ‘And wait I did, my Standard open at The horoscopes (Predictions for New Year! Your Stars, That Break, and You! - as if).’
- ‘You know how pools winners always say it won't change their lives? Yeah, right, as if.’
- ‘Even some prejudicial rejection can also be okay, if the person socially shutting you down is in a committed relationship (as if!) or has an incompatible sexual orientation.’
- ‘Clueless, however, with its mall culture (buy something; buying makes happy), and its witty dialogue (‘as if!’), doesn't support the heritage industry.’
- ‘You can tell she's wanting everyone to tell her how brilliant she was. As if.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.