One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With regard to.‘as for you, you'd better be quick’
concerning, respecting, with respect to, on the subject of, as regards, regarding, with reference to, re, in regard to, with regard to, apropos, in the matter of, in connection withView synonyms
- ‘And as for the number of people you've never seen before, half a hand will do nicely.’
- ‘And as for the spread of STDs, would legalising prostitution really prevent it?’
- ‘And as for its military tradition, I assume we're going back in time a bit, maybe to the Vikings.’
- ‘And as for the Ramblers' Association, if they spent some of the money on footpath signs it would be a help.’
- ‘I thought she held up pretty well, but as for me, my skills are badly deteriorating.’
- ‘And as for the Bonnie Prince, he died an alcoholic in Rome, his dreams turned to dust.’
- ‘Also, as for rotation, there can be more than one roto-reflection axis.’
- ‘I burn up at the thought of it and as for having a chat with my mom about it, I would rather be run over by a bus first.’
- ‘And as for my father, I will definitely take him up on his offer if he still wants to send me to learn to sew now!’
- ‘And as for your present, chocolate may be involved, but there's other stuff too!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.