One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Judging from the available information.‘the work will take about six weeks, as far as I can tell’
- ‘How is this military campaign, as far as you can tell, moving along?’
- ‘Well, does he understand, as far as you could tell, what kind of trouble he potentially is in unless he changes some of his positions?’
- ‘What is this lawsuit, as far as you can tell, really about?’
- ‘And so, what's the basic solution, as far as you can tell?’
- ‘Are any other staffers of the United States Senate or Congress involved, as far as you can tell?’
- ‘The inside of the house, as far as you could tell, was dark; empty.’
- ‘So as far as you could tell, do you think the rumours of police infiltrating the protests to provoke violence were largely true?’
- ‘Film festival programmers, as far as one can tell, assiduously do their work.’
- ‘She was scarcely half his age, but the marriage was, as far as one can tell, a happy one.’
- ‘Even fossilized bacteria, as far as one can tell, are the same as bacteria today.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.