One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Judging from the available information.‘the work will take about six weeks, as far as I can tell’
- ‘The inside of the house, as far as you could tell, was dark; empty.’
- ‘Are any other staffers of the United States Senate or Congress involved, as far as you can tell?’
- ‘Even fossilized bacteria, as far as one can tell, are the same as bacteria today.’
- ‘Film festival programmers, as far as one can tell, assiduously do their work.’
- ‘So as far as you could tell, do you think the rumours of police infiltrating the protests to provoke violence were largely true?’
- ‘How is this military campaign, as far as you can tell, moving along?’
- ‘Well, does he understand, as far as you could tell, what kind of trouble he potentially is in unless he changes some of his positions?’
- ‘She was scarcely half his age, but the marriage was, as far as one can tell, a happy one.’
- ‘What is this lawsuit, as far as you can tell, really about?’
- ‘And so, what's the basic solution, as far as you can tell?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.