Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
To the best of my understanding or belief.
- ‘And yet, as far as I can see, none of them fits easily into the government's master plan for how we should live in the 21st century.’
- ‘The dark continent, as far as I can see, remains dark.’
- ‘They do a good job as far as I can see and cost the hospital very little.’
- ‘But he has not actually physically killed or hit anybody as far as I can see.’
- ‘There is no evidence of disease as far as I can see.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.