One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely easy or straightforward.‘economics can be as simple as ABC’
simple, not difficult, straightforward, clear, accessible, direct, undemanding, unexacting, unchallenging, unsophisticated, trouble-free, painless, effortless, easy, facile, elementary, idiot-proof, plain sailing, a five-finger exercise, nothingView synonyms
- ‘With our new guide, CPU overclocking will be as easy as ABC!’
- ‘The dazzler was John, for whom kindness and consideration towards his customers in the restaurant is as easy as ABC.’
- ‘Signals are as easy as ABC for the trader with the right tools and know-how.’
- ‘To them, preventing HIV infection is as simple as ABC - A for Abstinence, B for Being faithful and C for Condoms.’
- ‘The campaign won't be as easy as ABC for the youngsters, but he is determined to put them at their ease.’
- ‘Being a woman and staying healthy is not, it turns out, as easy as ABC.’
- ‘‘If life was as simple as ABC or 123, there wouldn't be that frown on your face,’ an unfamiliar voice sounded behind her.’
- ‘She says teaching children to read is as easy as ABC.’
- ‘The website makes comparing and switching as easy as ABC.’
- ‘The pop quiz was as simple as ABC.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.