One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As regards the interests or case of —‘the measures are irrelevant as far as inflation is concerned’
- ‘Baxter has been used to attracting interest as far as the Scottish game is concerned.’
- ‘It is, in the middle of a theatrical desert as far as London is concerned, an interesting premise, handled with intelligence and played by a wonderful cast.’
- ‘Of course, as far as India is concerned, the interest does not just lie in the thrills offered by the characters and circumstances.’
- ‘For me this traffic warden scheme is probably the final nail in the coffin as far as Burnley is concerned regards shopping.’
- ‘But I never plan the future so far as my private life is concerned.’
- ‘On the other hand, we are less touchy about individual liberties and more prepared to believe that the government knows better as far as the public interest is concerned.’
- ‘But as far as Francis is concerned - he already has international interest.’
- ‘I have a very high regard, by the way, for Professor Tribe, so far as his legal opinion is concerned, and I'm certainly happy to debate him on the legal issues.’
- ‘I still haven't set goals as far as a long-term career is concerned, but I'm more and more interested in the travel industry.’
- ‘He has also admitted employing someone at the petrol station, who was in receipt of family credit, or income support, but that is irrelevant so far as this enquiry is concerned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.