One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the existing circumstances.‘I've got enough on my plate as it is’
- ‘Because I'm angry at it now, proper shaking angry and this Blog entry is long enough as it is.’
- ‘It can help to shine a critical light on things that are wrong with the world as it is - which is plenty.’
- ‘Buying a house is out of the question for many of us who struggle as it is to just rent somewhere.’
- ‘Rail staff have a hard enough job as it is, working under difficult circumstances.’
- ‘You're cool enough as is!’
- ‘They bought the house as is with the understanding that Mrs Callahan could have a day in the house alone, to select mementos.’
- ‘Though I'm feeling quite queer as it is, so I don't invite you to dwell on it too long.’
- ‘I reckon it looks pretty choice as is, but its always fun to mix things up a bit.’
- ‘We live in a highly residential area and there is little enough parkland as it is.’
- ‘Mr Samuels tells it as it is and pulls no punches, he is one citizen who will stand up and be counted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.