One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As regards the interests or case of —‘the measures are irrelevant as far as inflation is concerned’
- ‘I still haven't set goals as far as a long-term career is concerned, but I'm more and more interested in the travel industry.’
- ‘But I never plan the future so far as my private life is concerned.’
- ‘It is, in the middle of a theatrical desert as far as London is concerned, an interesting premise, handled with intelligence and played by a wonderful cast.’
- ‘But as far as Francis is concerned - he already has international interest.’
- ‘Of course, as far as India is concerned, the interest does not just lie in the thrills offered by the characters and circumstances.’
- ‘I have a very high regard, by the way, for Professor Tribe, so far as his legal opinion is concerned, and I'm certainly happy to debate him on the legal issues.’
- ‘Baxter has been used to attracting interest as far as the Scottish game is concerned.’
- ‘He has also admitted employing someone at the petrol station, who was in receipt of family credit, or income support, but that is irrelevant so far as this enquiry is concerned.’
- ‘On the other hand, we are less touchy about individual liberties and more prepared to believe that the government knows better as far as the public interest is concerned.’
- ‘For me this traffic warden scheme is probably the final nail in the coffin as far as Burnley is concerned regards shopping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.