One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Decorative design and handicraft.
- ‘The children have enjoyed a week of fun and games and arts and crafts designed to prevent boredom setting in during the long summer holidays.’
- ‘The club would include creative activities such as arts and crafts.’
- ‘The 190 stalls sell decorations, toys, knitwear, and a wide variety of arts and crafts.’
- ‘On Saturday, May 15 the group will host a day of traditional arts and crafts in the Loftus Hall.’
- ‘He was indeed the dominant figure in Peruvian art in his lifetime and he helped awaken an interest in the native arts and crafts of his country.’
- ‘The old imperial town of Kyoto has a great and long tradition of arts and crafts.’
- ‘Live theatre, games, dancing, arts and crafts and archery, bring to life the Middle Ages.’
- ‘Youngsters turned their hands to arts and crafts at Swindon Museum and Art Gallery at the weekend.’
- ‘Christmas cards designed by the children will be on sale along with arts and crafts.’
- ‘There will be a photographic exhibition, displays of arts and crafts, trade stands, and a food market.’
- ‘It served as a school where girls were trained in arts and crafts, household management, music and religion.’
- ‘A great selection of arts and crafts, home baking, bric a brac and Christmas decorations will be on offer.’
- ‘The great innovations in Ottoman arts and crafts owed nothing to the example of Renaissance models.’
- ‘The activities include music and dance, arts and crafts and various outings.’
- ‘Mr Lyons said the reception centre runs a number of computer, arts and crafts and language classes for adults.’
- ‘The folk arts and crafts of Bengal reflect the diversity of its people and the skills of its artisans.’
- ‘The school itself has four libraries, two shared areas for arts and crafts and an IT suite packed with laptop computers.’
- ‘The week will include arts and crafts, music, song and dance and is sure to keep everyone occupied and happy.’
- ‘Her work suggests that Art Deco had origins in some aspects of the arts and crafts.’
- ‘It features a wide variety of arts and crafts including ceramics, furniture, jewellery and painting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.