One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Decorative design and handicraft.
- ‘A great selection of arts and crafts, home baking, bric a brac and Christmas decorations will be on offer.’
- ‘It served as a school where girls were trained in arts and crafts, household management, music and religion.’
- ‘Her work suggests that Art Deco had origins in some aspects of the arts and crafts.’
- ‘The children have enjoyed a week of fun and games and arts and crafts designed to prevent boredom setting in during the long summer holidays.’
- ‘The week will include arts and crafts, music, song and dance and is sure to keep everyone occupied and happy.’
- ‘Live theatre, games, dancing, arts and crafts and archery, bring to life the Middle Ages.’
- ‘He was indeed the dominant figure in Peruvian art in his lifetime and he helped awaken an interest in the native arts and crafts of his country.’
- ‘The great innovations in Ottoman arts and crafts owed nothing to the example of Renaissance models.’
- ‘The old imperial town of Kyoto has a great and long tradition of arts and crafts.’
- ‘The activities include music and dance, arts and crafts and various outings.’
- ‘The club would include creative activities such as arts and crafts.’
- ‘Christmas cards designed by the children will be on sale along with arts and crafts.’
- ‘There will be a photographic exhibition, displays of arts and crafts, trade stands, and a food market.’
- ‘The folk arts and crafts of Bengal reflect the diversity of its people and the skills of its artisans.’
- ‘The school itself has four libraries, two shared areas for arts and crafts and an IT suite packed with laptop computers.’
- ‘On Saturday, May 15 the group will host a day of traditional arts and crafts in the Loftus Hall.’
- ‘Mr Lyons said the reception centre runs a number of computer, arts and crafts and language classes for adults.’
- ‘The 190 stalls sell decorations, toys, knitwear, and a wide variety of arts and crafts.’
- ‘It features a wide variety of arts and crafts including ceramics, furniture, jewellery and painting.’
- ‘Youngsters turned their hands to arts and crafts at Swindon Museum and Art Gallery at the weekend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.