One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Artillery units were first organized as military establishments in 1671 by Louis XIV of France, who also initiated schools of instruction for his artillerists.’
- ‘Washington wanted a military academy because he wanted engineers and artillerists to help the next commander in chief fight for this fledgling nation as he had done for eight long years.’
- ‘Gen. Winfield Scott Hancock, Gen. John Gibbon, engineer Gouverneur Warren, and artillerist Henry J. Hunt emerged from the battle as legitimate heroes.’
- ‘Gillmore, who had become the Union's most renowned artillerist after he had forced the capitulation of Fort Pulaski at Savannah in April 1862, brought in heavy weaponry.’
- ‘Meanwhile, although artillerists were usually civilian contractors (the art proved too complex for the dilettantes commissioned because of their nobility), that field gradually became a military function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.