One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Artillery units were first organized as military establishments in 1671 by Louis XIV of France, who also initiated schools of instruction for his artillerists.’
- ‘Meanwhile, although artillerists were usually civilian contractors (the art proved too complex for the dilettantes commissioned because of their nobility), that field gradually became a military function.’
- ‘Washington wanted a military academy because he wanted engineers and artillerists to help the next commander in chief fight for this fledgling nation as he had done for eight long years.’
- ‘Gen. Winfield Scott Hancock, Gen. John Gibbon, engineer Gouverneur Warren, and artillerist Henry J. Hunt emerged from the battle as legitimate heroes.’
- ‘Gillmore, who had become the Union's most renowned artillerist after he had forced the capitulation of Fort Pulaski at Savannah in April 1862, brought in heavy weaponry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.