One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine or other mechanical device which performs the functions of the human kidney.
- ‘This is first time, he says, that an artificial kidney fashioned from cells and biocompatible materials has produced what seems to be urine.’
- ‘The aircraft configuration accommodated specialized medical equipment such as an iron lung, orthopedic bed, artificial kidney machine, or infant incubator.’
- ‘This can require treatment with an artificial kidney until normal function recovers.’
- ‘His other major innovations include introducing the artificial kidney to America.’
- ‘Your blood is filtered through an artificial kidney and returned to your body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.