Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A machine or other mechanical device which performs the functions of the human kidney.
- ‘This can require treatment with an artificial kidney until normal function recovers.’
- ‘This is first time, he says, that an artificial kidney fashioned from cells and biocompatible materials has produced what seems to be urine.’
- ‘Your blood is filtered through an artificial kidney and returned to your body.’
- ‘The aircraft configuration accommodated specialized medical equipment such as an iron lung, orthopedic bed, artificial kidney machine, or infant incubator.’
- ‘His other major innovations include introducing the artificial kidney to America.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.