One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The medical or veterinary procedure of injecting semen into the vagina or uterus.
- ‘The chance of getting pregnant by artificial insemination is increased if the female partner has healthy Fallopian tubes and ovulates regularly.’
- ‘The turkey industry relies on artificial insemination to produce nearly 300 million birds annually.’
- ‘The discovery improved the odds that an embryo created through artificial insemination would thrive when implanted in the womb.’
- ‘There was no medical need for artificial insemination and his wife would have been able to conceive after his release from prison.’
- ‘Pregnancy rate to artificial insemination was determined from breeding date and subsequent calving date.’
- ‘Some NHS hospitals offer artificial insemination treatment, but availability is limited and there are often waiting lists.’
- ‘The couple, who are from the south east of England and do not want to be named, turned to the website after repeated failed attempts at IVF and artificial insemination.’
- ‘Some clinics in the UK offer artificial insemination treatment using donor sperm to single women and lesbian couples.’
- ‘Breed groups were managed separately, and matings were performed by artificial insemination and natural service.’
- ‘It is expected that these producers are more likely to utilize artificial insemination to improve the quality of their breeding stock.’
- ‘Many medical institutes now collect donor sperm for women who want artificial insemination.’
- ‘Many cannot afford to pay their surrogate mother's expenses, let alone the cost of in vitro fertilisation or artificial insemination procedures in a clinic.’
- ‘In the U.S., tens of thousands of children are conceived each year through artificial insemination with semen purchased from sperm banks.’
- ‘I have written about alcoholism, drugs and artificial insemination and euthanasia long before they gained focus as sociological issues.’
- ‘Today I have seen and examined Tracey and found that she is medically fit to receive artificial insemination treatment.’
- ‘A British brother and sister who were conceived by artificial insemination with donor semen are to launch a test case at the High Court in London to try to find out details of their biological fathers.’
- ‘Over 40 flocks have used artificial insemination.’
- ‘The diffusion of artificial insemination in the pork industry has been slower than that of the dairy industry, but its use continues to become more widespread.’
- ‘Most dairy farmers use artificial insemination.’
- ‘Boars used in pen-mating situations need to be heavier than boars used for hand mating or for artificial insemination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.