One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the legendary King Arthur of Britain, or any of the stories of his life.‘the Arthurian literary tradition’
- ‘A groundbreaking contribution to Arthurian scholarship, this volume should be essential reading for all students of the corpus.’
- ‘Padel provides a survey of medieval Welsh literary references to Arthur and emphasizes their importance to Arthurian studies as a whole.’
- ‘The journey ends up being an Arthurian quest, while also representing the 12 stations of recovery.’
- ‘At one end there'll be a replica of Glastonbury Tor, the ancient site in Somerset which is linked to Arthurian legend.’
- ‘Henry VIII commissioned his own round table and placed at its centre, alongside the names of the Arthurian knights, the Tudor rose and a portrait of Arthur.’
- ‘These tales were set in different eras ranging from Arthurian times to the Crusades, in Carthage, the Boer War and in Australia.’
- ‘Attanasio mixes Arthurian lore with Norse gods, modern physics and sundry faerie creatures in this literary, passionate novel.’
- ‘This is Arthurian epic at its best-filled with romance, adventure, authentic Dark Ages detail, and wonderfully human people.’
- ‘After this they really got into faeries, mythology, Hinduism, Buddhism, Arthurian romance, and the Bible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.