Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Although chondral injury is a reported indication for hip arthroscopy, these lesions can be an elusive source of hip pain.’
- ‘All patients in the study underwent diagnostic arthroscopy the day after ultrasonography.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance imaging or examination under anesthesia and arthroscopy are options when adequate examination is not possible because of pain or spasm.’
- ‘Before starting the arthroscopy, the surgeon tests the cannula sites with a needle to see if the areas are numb or if additional local anesthetic is needed.’
- ‘At the repeat arthroscopy no new lesions were found.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.