Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Any bleeding is immediately cauterized with an arthroscopic electrocautery tip.’
- ‘Twenty-eight of these patients were treated with arthroscopic debridement of the lesion.’
- ‘The role of arthroscopic debridement for degenerative arthritis of the knee is controversial.’
- ‘The reasons for the discrepancy between MRI and arthroscopic diagnosis in our study may be multiple.’
- ‘Possibly three to four weeks after the arthroscopic biopsy, surgeons perform another surgical procedure.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.