One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument through which the interior of a joint may be inspected or operated on.
- ‘The arthroscope also enables a joint to be washed out easily, and this in itself may be valuable.’
- ‘When the surgery is complete, your surgeon removes the arthroscope and any other instruments and flushes the joint with a saline solution.’
- ‘After prepping and draping the patient's extremity, the surgeon makes a stab incision and inserts the arthroscope into the knee joint through a standard inferolateral portal.’
- ‘The 20-power magnification of the arthroscope has led to the identification of lesions once missed by conventional ‘open ‘techniques.’’
- ‘This step was completed by switching the arthroscope to the anterior cannula while maintaining the thermal probe in the accessory posterior portal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.