One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affected by or associated with arthritis.
- ‘The leaves, curled like arthritic fingers, stayed on the trees.’
- ‘The best diet for an arthritic patient is a well-balanced nutritious regimen.’
- ‘Slowly the hours of pass like an arthritic man peeling an orange.’
- ‘According to the institute, 50 percent of Americans are clinically arthritic by middle age.’
- ‘He was invalided out of the army with a badly arthritic knee, exacerbated by his injuries.’
- ‘The process of aging contributes to the occurrence of an arthritic disease called osteoarthritis.’
- ‘Eyes down, head bowed, the servant signed his speech with arthritic hands.’
- ‘Here is a lady who has been treated for an arthritic injury.’
- ‘Prior to the accident, he had a history of some arthritic condition in his back from playing sports.’
- ‘She insisted the half-blind, arthritic engineers knew what they were doing.’
A person suffering from arthritis.
- ‘The package's design allows seniors, children, and arthritics to pour milk through a front-mounted spout by tilting rather than lifting.’
- ‘I come from a long line of arthritics.’
- ‘New Zealand green mussel capsules are beneficial to many arthritics.’
- ‘Nearly every day, news of another study confirms yoga's benefits for arthritics, asthmatics, depressives, people with HIV or cancer.’
- ‘Water-based physical therapy for arthritics is widely practiced and well documented.’
- ‘Large drug companies can pitch their products directly to angina sufferers, diabetics, or arthritics.’
- ‘Arthritics with a mineral deficiency may benefit from even a small amount of mineral absorption.’
- ‘Rest is of greatest importance to arthritics, who should not overdo their work, exercise, or recreational activities.’
- ‘There are 14,000 arthritics in Mayo alone.’
- ‘Sulfur another mineral that arthritics tend to lack.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.