Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The fact that the viewer is bound to be swept up in this sentiment owes less to the artfulness of the documentary itself and more to the charisma of its subject.’
- ‘The Politics of Memory also draws attention to the artfulness of his earlier works.’
- ‘These are questions that the Macalester community frequently asks, although rarely with such artfulness.’
- ‘Those that knew Levis as a friend, colleague, or teacher sometimes found it puzzling to try to reconcile the good humor, whimsy, and carelessness of the man with the artfulness, erudition, cunning, and darkness of his poetry.’
- ‘The Polaroid is a social product and ultimately generic, yet as a medium it possesses an aesthetic quality that is chosen by its user, bringing artfulness to the realm of consumer photography.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.