One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the walls of an artery.
- ‘Giant cell arteritis, or temporal arteritis, is an inflammatory disorder of large and medium-sized arteries affected with granulomatous lesions containing T cells and macrophages.’
- ‘Polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis are closely related inflammatory conditions that affect different cellular targets in genetically predisposed persons.’
- ‘Coronary arteritis and myocarditis are the principal causes of morbidity and mortality.’
- ‘Takayasu's arteritis is a chronic inflammatory disease involving the aorta and its branches.’
- ‘Temporal arteritis is inflammation of medium and large sized arteries especially the carotid in the neck and its branches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.