One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting an artery and a vein.
- ‘Pulmonary embolism and lung arteriovenous fistula of the lung were excluded.’
- ‘Following delivery, a pulmonary arteriogram was obtained and revealed the presence of multiple large pulmonary parenchymal arteriovenous malformations in the left lung.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance imaging confirmed recurrent hemorrhage of the arteriovenous malformation into the cervical spinal cord.’
- ‘Thoughtful publications on aneurysm surgery, syringomyelia, and arteriovenous malformations of the spinal cord testified to his rigorous clinical and operative skills.’
- ‘The identification of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations also necessitates the use of prophylactic antibiotics before dental and surgical procedures to reduce the risk of embolic abscesses.’
- ‘We read with great interest the article by Kjeldsen et al in CHEST 1 regarding screening for pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (PAVMs).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.