One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting an artery and a vein.
- ‘Pulmonary embolism and lung arteriovenous fistula of the lung were excluded.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance imaging confirmed recurrent hemorrhage of the arteriovenous malformation into the cervical spinal cord.’
- ‘Following delivery, a pulmonary arteriogram was obtained and revealed the presence of multiple large pulmonary parenchymal arteriovenous malformations in the left lung.’
- ‘We read with great interest the article by Kjeldsen et al in CHEST 1 regarding screening for pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (PAVMs).’
- ‘Thoughtful publications on aneurysm surgery, syringomyelia, and arteriovenous malformations of the spinal cord testified to his rigorous clinical and operative skills.’
- ‘The identification of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations also necessitates the use of prophylactic antibiotics before dental and surgical procedures to reduce the risk of embolic abscesses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.