Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Radiography of an artery, carried out after injection of a radiopaque substance.‘coronary arteriography’
- ‘Earlier in the day, Lee returned to the hospital to have further checks of his heart condition through coronary arteriography and catheterization, Lien said.’
- ‘All patients underwent contrast left ventriculography, coronary arteriography, and electrophysiologic study, as clinically indicated.’
- ‘This test may be done as an alternative to more invasive procedures such as arteriography and venography, which involve injecting dye into the blood vessel to provide X-ray images.’
- ‘In such patients pulmonary arteriography is contraindicated unless a cardiac pacemaker is placed prior to the procedure.’
- ‘Cardiac catheterization and coronary arteriography are also performed when it is necessary to evaluate patients at risk for coronary artery disease prior to surgery.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.