One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A terpene-based antimalarial substance used in Chinese medicine.
- ‘The team started with the Chinese herbal medicine, artemisinin, which has anti-malarial properties.’
- ‘One way of tackling this problem is to simplify the treatment by using rectal quinine or rectal artemisinin or artesunate, which could be given promptly even at basic health facilities.’
- ‘The two most important groups of drugs for malaria treatment are still based on quinine or artemisinin.’
- ‘The Chinese have been using artemisinin for more than 2000 years to treat a variety of ailments.’
- ‘In the following decade, Chinese scientists based at the institute devised an inexpensive synthetic version of their antimalarial drug artemisinin.’
1970s: blend of artemisia and quinine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.