One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is studying to be an artist at a university or other place of higher education.‘he was an art student in Paris in the 1950s’
- ‘Art students are provided an opportunity to learn and integrate with a larger artist community.’
- ‘This first volume follows a young woman art student who meets a weary leftist journalist against a background of boiling politics and decadence.’
- ‘In the park he was approached by four young art students, who wanted to use Oskar as a model.’
- ‘Impressionist art started with a rebellion by four art students and friends - Auguste Renoir, Claude Monet, Alfred Sisley and Frederic Bazille.’
- ‘In 1921, after a brief spell as an art student in London, she became engaged to a lieutenant, but she did not marry him.’
- ‘Our student body consists of both working artists and art students who hail from all over the US and Canada.’
- ‘When Clive is almost grown up, his father returns from India, and indulgently allows him to become an art student.’
- ‘The study of human anatomy was and is a part of the education of the art student.’
- ‘Art students today, he said, "draw on a computer then print their work to an etching plate."’
- ‘He became an art student in Dublin, and in 1894 published Homeward, his first volume of mystical verses, with the encouragement of Yeats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.