Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] High-quality paper coated with china clay or a similar substance to give it a smooth surface.
- ‘Students are encouraged to enhance their drawings with brightly colored markers, understanding that they will be enlarging the small sketch onto a large, 18’ x 24’ sheet of art paper.’
- ‘Printed on high gloss 80 gram art paper, The Dubliner promises an upmarket monthly overview of ‘life in the city for residents and visitors alike’.’
- ‘There are also some well-chosen illustrations, very decently reproduced on art paper.’
- ‘Pricing starts at $99 for a 30’ x 40’ pigment print on archival art paper.’
- ‘Beijing initiated an antidumping investigation last month into imports of art paper from Japan, Finland, South Korea and the United States.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.