Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
High-quality paper coated with china clay or a similar substance to give it a smooth surface.
- ‘Beijing initiated an antidumping investigation last month into imports of art paper from Japan, Finland, South Korea and the United States.’
- ‘Printed on high gloss 80 gram art paper, The Dubliner promises an upmarket monthly overview of ‘life in the city for residents and visitors alike’.’
- ‘Students are encouraged to enhance their drawings with brightly colored markers, understanding that they will be enlarging the small sketch onto a large, 18’ x 24’ sheet of art paper.’
- ‘Pricing starts at $99 for a 30’ x 40’ pigment print on archival art paper.’
- ‘There are also some well-chosen illustrations, very decently reproduced on art paper.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.