One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See art history
- ‘Those of us trained as art historians may need to relax a few of our scholarly reflexes to enjoy it, as it does not fall comfortably into the genre of art historical scholarship.’
- ‘Certainly, he fixes on indubitable ‘greats,’ the art historical warhorses Leonardo, Michelangelo, Diego Velazquez, Pablo Picasso, and the like.’
- ‘An awareness of the importance of aesthetic response in art historical interpretation should not obscure the recognition of historical distance and the ever-changing nature of our interpretations.’
- ‘Pliny's art historical discussions describe first the invention of individual arts and then their inexorable move toward technical perfection as demonstrated in the accomplishments of individual artists.’
- ‘The book, written by French art critic and curator Michel Nuridsany and photographed by Mare Domage, presents a lengthy preface that puts the new generation of artists into an art historical and social context.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.