One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See art history
- ‘Those of us trained as art historians may need to relax a few of our scholarly reflexes to enjoy it, as it does not fall comfortably into the genre of art historical scholarship.’
- ‘The book, written by French art critic and curator Michel Nuridsany and photographed by Mare Domage, presents a lengthy preface that puts the new generation of artists into an art historical and social context.’
- ‘Pliny's art historical discussions describe first the invention of individual arts and then their inexorable move toward technical perfection as demonstrated in the accomplishments of individual artists.’
- ‘Certainly, he fixes on indubitable ‘greats,’ the art historical warhorses Leonardo, Michelangelo, Diego Velazquez, Pablo Picasso, and the like.’
- ‘An awareness of the importance of aesthetic response in art historical interpretation should not obscure the recognition of historical distance and the ever-changing nature of our interpretations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.