Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See art history
- ‘Felicity Owen is an art historian who has organised a number of exhibitions, including Gainsborough to Constable at Gainsborough's House in 1991.’
- ‘Along with Ruskin, Pater is the late-nineteenth-century English art historian whose writing and arguments remain of living interest.’
- ‘Much has been made of Smyth's family background, for he is the son of Renaissance art historian Craig Hugh Smyth and was brought up in Italy.’
- ‘Instead of depending on documentary traces located in archives, the art historian confronts images that have been invested with power both in the past and the present.’
- ‘France Morin is an independent contemporary art curator and art historian based in New York.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.