One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person responsible for overseeing the artistic aspects of a film, publication, or other media production.‘the art director took a month to complete the set’‘most commercial photographers need instructions from an art director’
- ‘"I was determined to work for myself without any art directors, any editors and publishers," he said.’
- ‘His art career spanned more than 50 years, beginning with a request for a western cover for a magazine by an art director.’
- ‘Jack Arnold put in his 21 days of shooting, plus his time working out the shots with the art director.’
- ‘Nancy Dunwell, art director for Wild Apple, first discovered Ruth's work hanging in a local bookstore in Arizona.’
- ‘She later developed skills in advertising art and production techniques and built a reputation as a concept illustrator and art director.’
- ‘He worked for a time as an art director for motion pictures.’
- ‘Rico also had a profound color sensibility and was a skilled art director.’
- ‘I work more like an art director than an artist.’
- ‘He had been art director at Olivetti in Milan just after leaving art school, so he was well equipped to work as a graphic designer.’
- ‘The project was born in 1995 when the self-exiled art director sat pondering the word "happiness".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.