One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The work of an art director in overseeing the artistic aspects of a film, publication, or other media production.‘the art direction and cinematography are lovely’
- ‘His works from Harper's Bazaar depicted a more complex art direction and a narrative, pairing glamorous women with handsome men in military uniforms.’
- ‘Nominations also were made for music, art direction and costumes.’
- ‘Everything's beautifully set up: the shots, the art direction, Alan John's music.’
- ‘Welles was able to bring together other individuals willing to experiment in terms of sound, set and art direction.’
- ‘The script adds some nicely humanizing detail, which saves the characters from being totally overwhelmed by the gorgeousness of the art direction.’
- ‘Art direction deserves special attention, from the affirmations that festoon the DWI therapy room to the fantastically tasteless mansion.’
- ‘All of their films have such pristine art direction that there seems to be nothing accidental in their compositions.’
- ‘Both art direction and colour are first class, with much eye candy and detail in costumes and millinery.’
- ‘Hitchcock began his screen career as a writer of inter-titles, progressing through art direction to direction.’
- ‘The film also boasts excellent art direction - Manhattan in the 1940s is beautifully evoked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.