Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
To oversee or work on (a film, publication, or other media production) as an art director.‘he art directed Nova magazine in the 1960s’no object ‘she continues to design and art direct for the Hollywood film industry’
- ‘While I loved art directing fashion, I loved illustrating it more.’
- ‘To art direct a parody of a high school yearbook, you had to think like a high school yearbook art director.’
- ‘She has art directed and designed 13 magazines, including the internationally acclaimed Big and her self-published magazine called Mu.’
- ‘If it was a job I was art directing, I usually wouldn't be happy with it and I'd end up doing the illustration anyway.’
- ‘Chloe art directed the project, commissioning some of her friends for drawings.’
- ‘I'm going to art direct the GOP convention issue for them.’
- ‘For much of the 1990s, Venezky had a dream showcase: art directing the feature magazine Speak.’
- ‘The first Batman movie, Tim Burton's 1989 film, was art directed by Anton Furst.’
- ‘Today, I was art directing a shoot.’
- ‘When I told Logan how horribly the shoot went he asked if I'd 'art directed' the shot.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.