One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oversee or work on (a film, publication, or other media production) as an art director.‘he art-directed Nova magazine in the 1960s’no object ‘she continues to design and art-direct for the Hollywood film industry’
- ‘Today, I was art directing a shoot.’
- ‘Chloe art directed the project, commissioning some of her friends for drawings.’
- ‘If it was a job I was art directing, I usually wouldn't be happy with it and I'd end up doing the illustration anyway.’
- ‘To art direct a parody of a high school yearbook, you had to think like a high school yearbook art director.’
- ‘The first Batman movie, Tim Burton's 1989 film, was art directed by Anton Furst.’
- ‘She has art directed and designed 13 magazines, including the internationally acclaimed Big and her self-published magazine called Mu.’
- ‘While I loved art directing fashion, I loved illustrating it more.’
- ‘I'm going to art direct the GOP convention issue for them.’
- ‘For much of the 1990s, Venezky had a dream showcase: art directing the feature magazine Speak.’
- ‘When I told Logan how horribly the shoot went he asked if I'd 'art directed' the shot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.