Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who commits arson.‘police believe arsonists were responsible for both fires’
incendiary, pyromaniac, firebomberView synonyms
- ‘Detectives are scouring court lists as they try to trace the arsonists responsible for a devastating attack on York Crown Court.’
- ‘I did not find even one case that dealt with the sentencing of a female serial arsonist.’
- ‘A gang of arsonists today torched a car with a petrol bomb.’
- ‘The press has been quick to condemn arsonists for the fires raging in New South Wales in Australia.’
- ‘A convicted arsonist with a history of mental illness has been set free despite threatening to set fire to a block of flats.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.