Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who commits arson.‘police believe arsonists were responsible for both fires’
incendiary, pyromaniac, firebomberfire-raiserfirebug, pyrotorchView synonyms
- ‘I did not find even one case that dealt with the sentencing of a female serial arsonist.’
- ‘Detectives are scouring court lists as they try to trace the arsonists responsible for a devastating attack on York Crown Court.’
- ‘A convicted arsonist with a history of mental illness has been set free despite threatening to set fire to a block of flats.’
- ‘The press has been quick to condemn arsonists for the fires raging in New South Wales in Australia.’
- ‘A gang of arsonists today torched a car with a petrol bomb.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.