One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of arsenic with a valency of three; of arsenic(III).Compare with arsenic
- ‘In one embodiment of the invention, the reactions are conducted in solid state with the lithium source and arsenious trioxide both being taken in the form of solids.’
- ‘It has high ability to adsorb the water-soluble arsenious and arsenic acids and Pb ion.’
- ‘From this it may be inferred that the reaction occurs only between stannous chloride and arsenious chloride; further, that in a solution of arsenious acid in hydrochloric acid of sp. gr. 1.115 part of the arsenic is present as chloride, but that hydrochloric acid of sp. gr. 1.100 dissolves arsenious acid as such, without converting it into chloride.’
- ‘The solution in the beaker was evaporated to dryness, in doing so the arsenious oxide was volatilized, possibly as arsenious chloride.’
- ‘Two candles were then made, each contained a drachm of arsenious acid; the vapour from these did not affect the guinea pigs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.