One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A binary compound of arsenic with a metallic element.
- ‘Ore minerals are found in several of the main chemical classes into which minerals can be classified, including native elements, sulphides, oxides, silicates, arsenides, phosphates, and carbonates.’
- ‘These have an indium arsenide core surrounded by gallium arsenide and an indium-gallium arsenide alloy.’
- ‘Gallium arsenide is also used in lasers, such as those present in a compact disc player, in transistors, and in photovoltaic cells.’
- ‘Domeykite, the copper arsenide, was named in his honor.’
- ‘Engineers then deposit monolayers of indium arsenide, with a much larger lattice, which leads to surface tension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.