One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is, in fact, a firm bloc of three reactionaries - Scalia, Rehnquist and Thomas - that supports the executive branch's arrogation of unprecedented police powers.’
- ‘To presume to have all the answers is nothing but dangerous delusion for it is based on the arrogation of divine potency.’
- ‘The arrogation of such power to the judges would usurp those functions of government, which are controlled and distributed by powers whose authority is derived from the ballot box.’
- ‘There is no modern precedent in France for such an arrogation of emergency powers.’
- ‘The judiciary's authority and independence was significantly impaired during the Abacha era by the military regime's arrogation of judicial power and prohibition of court review of its action.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.