One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being arrogant.‘the arrogance of this man is astounding’
haughtiness, conceit, hubris, self-importance, egotism, sense of superiorityView synonyms
- ‘From this side of the Channel, one can easily pour scorn on Gallic arrogance.’
- ‘The official media has stressed the culpability of the American side and the arrogance of its leaders.’
- ‘The audacity and arrogance of that move has not been lost on the people of New Zealand.’
- ‘Gone is the shameless arrogance and empire building of the previous incumbents.’
- ‘The arrogance that Dawkins displayed is perhaps the root of all the hostility we see against science.’
- ‘He is an unassuming man, devoid of arrogance, a few years too old to be called a prodigy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.