One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are technical and legal issues with that case where it went from an overpayment to an arrearage.’
- ‘Riddick, his wife and their three children have fallen from the middle class to homelessness because he is forced to pay $1, 400 a month in child support and arrearages.’
- ‘When Chen brought the company to the arbitration court last year, he collected about 360,000 yuan of salary arrearages.’
- ‘The inflated arrearages are created in large part because the child support system is mulishly impervious to the economic realities working-class people face, such as layoffs, wage cuts, unemployment, and work-related injuries.’
- ‘The state tries to beat astronomical child support arrearages - $20,000 or $30,000 in many cases - out of dead broke, unskilled, and unemployed people who just got out of prison.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.