One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The inflated arrearages are created in large part because the child support system is mulishly impervious to the economic realities working-class people face, such as layoffs, wage cuts, unemployment, and work-related injuries.’
- ‘The state tries to beat astronomical child support arrearages - $20,000 or $30,000 in many cases - out of dead broke, unskilled, and unemployed people who just got out of prison.’
- ‘When Chen brought the company to the arbitration court last year, he collected about 360,000 yuan of salary arrearages.’
- ‘Riddick, his wife and their three children have fallen from the middle class to homelessness because he is forced to pay $1, 400 a month in child support and arrearages.’
- ‘There are technical and legal issues with that case where it went from an overpayment to an arrearage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.