One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The presumption of innocence - widely overused as a rhetorical lifeline for the arrantly guilty - is indeed deeply rooted in Anglo-American common law.’
- ‘America is being denounced as arrantly hypocritical for first pretending to promote democracy, then trying to crush its results.’
- ‘Supermarket food is also packed with sugar, which is not only fattening, it is also arrantly destructive to the body.’
- ‘For instance, some frustrated teachers will give an arrantly negligent student a B, instead of a grade more indicative of poor work.’
- ‘Before reading the column, I held onto the slight chance that my view of this university was arrantly skewed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.