One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For instance, some frustrated teachers will give an arrantly negligent student a B, instead of a grade more indicative of poor work.’
- ‘Before reading the column, I held onto the slight chance that my view of this university was arrantly skewed.’
- ‘America is being denounced as arrantly hypocritical for first pretending to promote democracy, then trying to crush its results.’
- ‘The presumption of innocence - widely overused as a rhetorical lifeline for the arrantly guilty - is indeed deeply rooted in Anglo-American common law.’
- ‘Supermarket food is also packed with sugar, which is not only fattening, it is also arrantly destructive to the body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.