One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of arraigning someone in court.‘he's scheduled for arraignment in New York on Thursday’count noun ‘she pleaded not guilty at her arraignment’
indictment, accusation, denunciation, prosecution, trial, charge, summons, citationView synonyms
- ‘He hasn't even faced the formal charges of an arraignment yet.’
- ‘Habay was arraigned on the charges during a preliminary arraignment, where he was not required to enter a plea.’
- ‘Prosecution is a process of investigation, of indictment, arraignment, trial and conviction.’
- ‘Court officials said there is a possibility he did not receive a summons and that his arraignment could be rescheduled.’
- ‘Before the arraignment, Deputy Prosecutor Graham Blewitt spoke of his personal satisfaction in seeing one of the court's major targets brought before it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.