Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The action of arraigning someone in court.‘he's scheduled for arraignment in New York on Thursday’[count noun] ‘she pleaded not guilty at her arraignment’
indictment, accusation, denunciation, prosecution, trial, charge, summons, citationplaintimpeachment, bill of indictmentbeefinculpationView synonyms
- ‘Habay was arraigned on the charges during a preliminary arraignment, where he was not required to enter a plea.’
- ‘Before the arraignment, Deputy Prosecutor Graham Blewitt spoke of his personal satisfaction in seeing one of the court's major targets brought before it.’
- ‘He hasn't even faced the formal charges of an arraignment yet.’
- ‘Court officials said there is a possibility he did not receive a summons and that his arraignment could be rescheduled.’
- ‘Prosecution is a process of investigation, of indictment, arraignment, trial and conviction.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.