Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘In the brain, aromatization of androgens into estrogens is an essential step in regulating a variety of physiological and behavioral processes.’
- ‘Other methods for achieving aromatization involve the use of elemental palladium, platinum, nickel, sulfur or selenium, activated charcoal or quinones.’
- ‘Dryden added that the same testosterone-to-estrogen process, called aromatization, also occurs in older males.’
- ‘Its action involves hydroxylations and dehydrations that culminate in aromatization of the A ring of the androgens.’
- ‘For example, students are made aware that production of estrogen in the follicle involves androgen production by thecal cells and aromatization by granulosal cells.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.