Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The use of aromatic plant extracts and essential oils for healing and cosmetic purposes.
- ‘It offers a range of complementary therapies such as aromatherapy massage, acupuncture, arts and crafts, drama and music.’
- ‘The Art of Aromatherapy was the first aromatherapy book published in English.’
- ‘Using essential oils in the bath is one of the easiest ways to implement aromatherapy and its benefits.’
- ‘These therapies include aromatherapy, reflexology and acupuncture.’
- ‘It does a lot of spa treatments, everything from facials to aromatherapy to regular massage therapy.’
- ‘Many people find complementary therapies useful, including acupuncture, reflexology and aromatherapy.’
- ‘Take your pick from a seaweed wrap, salt loofah body buff, Swedish massage, aromatherapy, mineral bath, and more.’
- ‘Self-study is a wonderful method to use to begin introducing aromatherapy into your lifestyle.’
- ‘The healing power of essential oils is the main attraction in aromatherapy.’
- ‘Alternative therapies such as music therapy, aromatherapy and reminiscence therapy may be helpful to some people.’
- ‘Sue is now giving June a course of aromatherapy massage for relaxation purposes in her own home.’
- ‘For example, aromatherapy will not cure serious illness such as cancer or AIDS.’
- ‘On returning to the UK she trained further - as a keep-fit instructor and in aromatherapy and massage.’
- ‘In aromatherapy, sandalwood is used mainly for its calming effect on the nerves and for skin treatments.’
- ‘They are enjoying aerobics, yoga, aromatherapy and Thai massage, plus they are getting regular health checks.’
- ‘My first attempt at aromatherapy, forty years later, was using lavender oil.’
- ‘There are books that deal with specific Ayurvedic therapeutics, for instance aromatherapy and natural oils.’
- ‘Massage, aromatherapy, breathing exercises and guided visualisations will be among the techniques explored.’
- ‘Mineral oil is not used in aromatherapy because mineral oil is not a natural product.’
- ‘With stress so much a part of modern life, a weekly oil massage and relaxing aromatherapy can be beneficial for children.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.