Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The use of aromatic plant extracts and essential oils for healing and cosmetic purposes.
- ‘They are enjoying aerobics, yoga, aromatherapy and Thai massage, plus they are getting regular health checks.’
- ‘On returning to the UK she trained further - as a keep-fit instructor and in aromatherapy and massage.’
- ‘It offers a range of complementary therapies such as aromatherapy massage, acupuncture, arts and crafts, drama and music.’
- ‘Mineral oil is not used in aromatherapy because mineral oil is not a natural product.’
- ‘Sue is now giving June a course of aromatherapy massage for relaxation purposes in her own home.’
- ‘Using essential oils in the bath is one of the easiest ways to implement aromatherapy and its benefits.’
- ‘My first attempt at aromatherapy, forty years later, was using lavender oil.’
- ‘Many people find complementary therapies useful, including acupuncture, reflexology and aromatherapy.’
- ‘Alternative therapies such as music therapy, aromatherapy and reminiscence therapy may be helpful to some people.’
- ‘Massage, aromatherapy, breathing exercises and guided visualisations will be among the techniques explored.’
- ‘It does a lot of spa treatments, everything from facials to aromatherapy to regular massage therapy.’
- ‘Self-study is a wonderful method to use to begin introducing aromatherapy into your lifestyle.’
- ‘Take your pick from a seaweed wrap, salt loofah body buff, Swedish massage, aromatherapy, mineral bath, and more.’
- ‘There are books that deal with specific Ayurvedic therapeutics, for instance aromatherapy and natural oils.’
- ‘These therapies include aromatherapy, reflexology and acupuncture.’
- ‘With stress so much a part of modern life, a weekly oil massage and relaxing aromatherapy can be beneficial for children.’
- ‘The Art of Aromatherapy was the first aromatherapy book published in English.’
- ‘For example, aromatherapy will not cure serious illness such as cancer or AIDS.’
- ‘The healing power of essential oils is the main attraction in aromatherapy.’
- ‘In aromatherapy, sandalwood is used mainly for its calming effect on the nerves and for skin treatments.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.