Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘To ensure aromatherapeutic benefits, make sure candles and misters are made with pure oils instead of synthetics, and of course, blow out the candle before dozing off.’
- ‘This tension-melting body treatment harnesses the aromatherapeutic power of lavender essential oils.’
- ‘The practitioners and salespersons of aromatherapeutic products seem singularly uninterested in scientific testing of their claims, many of which are empirical and could be easily tested.’
- ‘It is easy to make natural perfume using essential oils, and they have the additional benefits of having aromatherapeutic qualities.’
- ‘Inside, red-hot stones are sprinkled with botanicals and water, creating an aromatherapeutic steam.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.