Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in the UK) an official list of commissioned officers.
- ‘This particular web page is a list of officers in the Veterinary Dept from the 1873 Hart's Army List.’
- ‘The Southern Republic Army List sourcebook examine the inner workings of one of the strongest army on Terra Nova.’
- ‘For each year between 1798 and 1951, there are two series of Army List available.’
- ‘In order to give a greater degree of consistency and certainty to both players and Army List Checkers, the British Historical Games Society have produced the following set of interpretations which are intended for guidance when selecting army lists.’
- ‘Any Space Marine, Imperial Guard or Sisters of Battle army may include choices from the Adeptus Arbites Army List and take up to one choice from the appropriate section of the Force Organization chart.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.