Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- Australian term for army surplus
- ‘With this help, Tucker said, he gained confidence and applied for a job at an army disposal store, where he has been working for the past six months.’
- ‘‘Well it's all I could find,’ Maxine snapped, ‘I just couldn't walk into an army disposal store, ya’ know.’’
- ‘There are those who think good boots can be found at Raben footwear and a good coat from the local army disposal.’
- ‘‘Monty’ was bought at an army disposal auction.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.