One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Along the same highway later on Tuesday, police found five more bodies in a Lincoln Navigator truck which had apparently been armor-plated or bulletproofed, and two more bodies just a few yards further down the highway.’
- ‘Despite an unprecedented policing operation the US president is reportedly bringing in excess of 100 secret service agents to protect him, as well as his very own armour-plated Cadillac DeVille.’
- ‘Heemeyer, who lost two bitter disputes with town officials, smashed the armour-plated bulldozer into the town hall, a former mayor's home and at least five other buildings before the machine ground to a halt in the wreckage of a warehouse.’
- ‘Peter Ridgway, the council's development control manager, said the applicant, Mr D. Pennick, had been asked to consider armour-plated glazing as an alternative solution.’
- ‘Companies like Osborn Steel Extrusions Ltd in Low Moor, which makes parts for armour-plated vehicles, hope to benefit from membership of Northern Defence Industries.’
- ‘Luxury cars and armour-plated Cherokees are a common sight outside the unremarkable building that jealously guards the secret of its temporary occupants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.