One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Luxury cars and armour-plated Cherokees are a common sight outside the unremarkable building that jealously guards the secret of its temporary occupants.’
- ‘Peter Ridgway, the council's development control manager, said the applicant, Mr D. Pennick, had been asked to consider armour-plated glazing as an alternative solution.’
- ‘Despite an unprecedented policing operation the US president is reportedly bringing in excess of 100 secret service agents to protect him, as well as his very own armour-plated Cadillac DeVille.’
- ‘Heemeyer, who lost two bitter disputes with town officials, smashed the armour-plated bulldozer into the town hall, a former mayor's home and at least five other buildings before the machine ground to a halt in the wreckage of a warehouse.’
- ‘Along the same highway later on Tuesday, police found five more bodies in a Lincoln Navigator truck which had apparently been armor-plated or bulletproofed, and two more bodies just a few yards further down the highway.’
- ‘Companies like Osborn Steel Extrusions Ltd in Low Moor, which makes parts for armour-plated vehicles, hope to benefit from membership of Northern Defence Industries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.