One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount that can be carried with one arm or in both arms.
- ‘The winners of the 14-hour endurance race get around all of the Magic Kingdom's attractions in a single day and take home several armloads of valuable Disney merchandise.’
- ‘I stood with arms raised while the gang members bolted around the room, scooping up armloads of jewelry and gold, before taking flight out the back door.’
- ‘On an October 2003 trip I observed visitors leaving with armloads of souvenir rocks that they had removed from the building.’
- ‘Moving the contents of your apartment down three flights of stairs one armload at a time is boring, to say the least.’
- ‘Several men started up the side of the cliff toward the top - carrying armloads of ropes cut from the rows of playground swings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.