One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount that can be carried with one arm or in both arms.
- ‘Moving the contents of your apartment down three flights of stairs one armload at a time is boring, to say the least.’
- ‘On an October 2003 trip I observed visitors leaving with armloads of souvenir rocks that they had removed from the building.’
- ‘The winners of the 14-hour endurance race get around all of the Magic Kingdom's attractions in a single day and take home several armloads of valuable Disney merchandise.’
- ‘Several men started up the side of the cliff toward the top - carrying armloads of ropes cut from the rows of playground swings.’
- ‘I stood with arms raised while the gang members bolted around the room, scooping up armloads of jewelry and gold, before taking flight out the back door.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.