One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What is wrong introducing card games such as bridge or canastas into club cultures rather than addictive armless bandits?’
- ‘The ‘get up and go test’ measures mobility and involves timed standing from an armless chair, walking fast for 10 yards, returning, and sitting down.’
- ‘‘Now, let me see,’ Jinn looked up at the directory boards and immediately one of the lead men rushed forward to set a pair of round armless glasses on Jinn's nose.’
- ‘In this test, the patient is seated in an armless chair placed 3 m from a wall.’
- ‘In this film, the porcelain beauty of an incredibly attractive and unimaginably young Joan Crawford matches Chaney's angry armless antagonist magnificently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.