One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In fact this was a two-way movement, with junior members of knightly or armigerous county families taking an interest in towns and trade.’
- ‘Thus 9 of the 14 knights in Group C were armigerous the remainder being described as knights by the ordinance of 1295, and each of the knights in Group D was armigerous.’
- ‘In the early days of New England in the seventeenth century there were a good number of armigerous families.’
- ‘Remember that the first step to discovering whether your family is armigerous is sound genealogical knowledge.’
- ‘For example, when an armigerous person marries the daughter of an armiger, he may display a shield with his own arms on the dexter half, ‘impaling’ his wife's arms on the sinister half.’
- ‘Although any member may rise to the rank of Knight or Dame, only armigerous members can automatically become Knights or Dames of Justice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.